Covid-19 Forestry and wood information hub
Safe working protocols
Confor has cooperated with members and industry partners to draw up new working protocols for different parts of the industry so that work can demonstrably be carried out safely, responsibly and in line with official guidance.
- Safe working protocols in the forest - Prepared by FISA, the document can be accessed here
- Forest nursery practices and mitigation - Find guidance here
- Safe working in sawmills - Find the guidance here
Support for businesses
The UK government financial support pages provide guidance on available business support.
Employment and HR advice
Confor member, legal firm Brodies, has created free-to-access resources to help you navigate through the challenges you may face as an employer during the global pandemic.
- Coronavirus: FAQs for Employers
- Furlough: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Ending furlough and lockdown: FAQs for employers
To discuss any employment matters further or sign up for a free trial of the full Workbox website with comprehensive HR guidance please email email@example.com or call the Workbox helpline on 0800 230 0717. Confor members can benefit from 30 minutes of free advice through the legal helpline.
Key contacts: stay informed!
Note that some of our staff may be working from home and landlines may not always be staffed. We will be sending out important Covid-19 updates and members newsletters. Make sure we have your current e-mail address!
Receive our updates
- Sign up to our e-newsletter mailing list (for employees of Confor member companies only)
- Do we have your e-mail address? Check with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check your spam folder for Confor e-newsletter and Covid-19 updates
Confor contact: Check our contacts page
Social media: Click on icons below for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube or click here for our Instagram
Join Confor: If you are not yet a member of Confor and would like to benefit from our supply chain insights, political updates, and sector news and features in our magazine and e-news, why not join us now?
Working Safely, Working Responsibly
Confor’s social media campaign featured workers across the wood supply chain, explaining why and how they kept working during Covid-19 and how they make sure they comply with latest health guidance
Watch them all here