14 September 2021
BEDMAX Shavings was the first company in the UK to make made-to-measure, high quality shavings especially for horse bedding. Celebrating our 21st year Bedmax was founded and is still based near Belford in Northumberland, with additional dedicated manufacturing plants in Nottinghamshire and Hampshire.
The UK’s leading manufacturer of horse shavings, BEDMAX Ltd, is looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Timber Buyer to be part of the BEDMAX team.
Reporting to our Production Manager, this field-based role involves negotiating purchase transactions whilst maintaining quality, identifying new suppliers, managing timely supply and delivery terms and managing paperwork.
- Negotiate purchase of timber at the correct specification in the right quantities at the right price
- Maintain up to date information on suppliers, contractors and pricing arrangements
- Monitor performance of suppliers
- Liaise with Plant managers on a weekly basis
- Keep the factory administration staff up to date with pricing
- Maintain an awareness of stock levels
- Regular reporting to the Production Manager
- Timber log to be filled in on a daily basis
- Full monthly reviews to be held with Production manager
- Other procurement projects by mutual agreement
- Working away from home is occasionally required
The successful candidate will have:
- Timber and Forestry knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- IT experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather, analyse and relay information
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to personal development
- A competitive salary dependent on experience
- Company car, phone and iPad
- Contributory pension
The successful applicant will ideally have recognised procurement qualifications although this is not essential and full training will be provided. A professional and enthusiastic approach is essential, taking pride in your work and being part of our brand. The ability to work unsupervised is important and good organisational skills are imperative.
Applicants must have a full clean driving licence.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter stating why you would like to work for BEDMAX Ltd, your suitability for this role and your salary expectations.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.