Technical Support - Forest Operations
31 March 2022
Natural Resources Wales
Location: Flexible, ideally Resolven
Natural Resources Wales is a Welsh Government sponsored body, responsible for the management of the natural resources of Wales. We employ over 2,000 staff across Wales.
- Deliver tactical work programmes and/or collate forest and conservation inventory information, maintaining the GIS data, carry out site evaluation, in the delivery of operational programmes.
- Deliver forest operations management, including technical advice, programme development and implementation of monitoring, reporting, and ensuring statutory compliance.
- Deliver technical advice for specific sector or technical issues.
- Deliver work plans, and delivery of agreed actions to contribute to business planning.
- Participate in technical groups.
- Interact with peers to promote consistent industry and specialist subject practices.
- Direct delivery of delegated programmes.
You will have;
- Experience of working in land management disciplines
- Knowledge of sustainable forest management, UKWAS and forest certification schemes
- Knowledge of forest planning and forest operations
Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
For more information and to apply go to NRW jobs pages here.
Closing date 22nd April 2022