3 May 2019
Established in 1891, Davidson & Robertson (D&R) is Scotland’s oldest firm of Land Agents and now operate across Scotland and the North of England.
We are seeking to appoint a Forestry Manager to focus on Woodland Creation and strengthen the team.
We are an innovative, energetic, friendly and expanding firm, with the highest professional reputation and a strong team culture. We actively invest in our people, are committed to providing training and support to enable our staff to achieve their full potential including developing into Managerial level.
For this role we offer excellent career prospects, the opportunity to continue to grow Woodland Creation within our Forestry team and the wider business. Training to assist the successful candidate to gain further qualifications.
This is a new role due to growth and would give you the opportunity to make the role your own and to be part of our Forestry Team’s success.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge, experience and good understanding of the Woodland Creation process
- Excellent technical skill set with regards to silvicultural and grant related matters
- A very good working knowledge of the forestry and woodland management sector;
- Experience of working in a forestry related role;
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills;
- Strong organisational capability and first-rate attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent IT skills within all Microsoft packages and mapping software;
- You are a team player but also able to self-manage and work on your own initiative;
- You have a logical and analytical approach;
- Flexibility and adaptability with a strong “can do” approach to a varied workload;
- A good sense of humour and ability to achieve a work-life balance.
You will work as part of an energetic and driven team to help deliver the continued and future growth of the office and company and be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional membership body is preferred; an interest in the rural economy and the countryside is equally important.
A valid driving licence is essential for this role as travelling with be essential. This role can be based at any of our offices.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter, to include desired location and salary expectations to:Fiona Mackay (Operations Manager), Davidson & Robertson, Riccarton Mains, Edinburgh, EH14 4AR. T: 0131 449 6212. FM@drrural.co.uk
Closing Date - Friday 26 May 2019