Forest Works Supervisor
11 January 2021
Based: Central Scotland East Area, Dunblane office, covering East Perthshire and Angus.
Closing date 29th January 2021
Tilhill, the UK’s leading forestry management company, has an exciting opportunity for you to be a key member of our Central Scotland East forestry team in the role of Forest Works Supervisor.
You will be responsible for assisting the Forest Manager to organise and supervise a range of forest management operations on client forest properties and contract sites, generally east of the M90/A9 corridor, involving roading, fencing, cultivation, planting, pesticide application, maintenance and monitoring, plus occasionally monitoring timber harvesting sites, in accordance with a defined budget and within the company’s Assurance Management System.
The role requires attention to detail and strong communication skills to facilitate work programming and planning, preparing risk assessments and work instructions, hosting pre-commencement meetings, and day-to-day supervision, pro-active monitoring and recording of safety, quality and environmental standards.
The majority of the work will be site based, but will require periodic office/admin work, including regular meetings and communication with the forest manager team.
Ideally, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Significant direct practical experience of fencing, cultivation, planting and maintenance of woodland creation and restocking sites, including preparing appropriate Risk Assessments.
- Experience of planning, leading, managing and supervising teams of workers.
- Reliable, enthusiastic, organised, quality focussed, with good attention to detail.
- Full driving licence, ideally warranted with BE trailer.
- Current competence certificates – e.g. PA1/PA6, Emergency First Aid at Work +F, ATV, Chainsaw certificates etc.
- HNC/HND qualification.
- Experience of road construction, upgrade and timber harvesting is desirable but not essential.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package (including a company vehicle, mobile phone, laptop and ruggedised tablet), plus the opportunity of being part of a talented and well-motivated team, together with first class opportunities for both personal and career development.
Training will be provided to strengthen key competency areas, including IOSH, CDM Regulations, environmental regulations and GIS mapping. Aspirations for career development to a technical specialist, Assistant Forest Manager, Forest Manager or beyond will be encouraged.
To apply, email your CV and CV supplementary form, which you can download from our website, clearly stating the position you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29th January 2021
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available at www.tilhill.com/about-us/careers
Tilhill is an Equal Opportunities Employer.