SFTT South Scotland regional meeting
15 October 2019
RESOURCING AND EXPANDING THE SECTOR
Sure Queens Hotel, Old Annan Road, Lockerbie, DG11 2RB
Free Buffet at 5.15pm before meeting starts at 6pm
As the public purse tightens and Brexit looms, how will we resource the future development of our industry – research, skills, promotion, etc?
Have we got the tree seeds and the plants to match Government targets for more new woodland in Scotland, and will the land become available for the necessary expansion, and who will plant those trees?
Come and join in the discussion, led by some expert speakers.
Attendance is FREE but prior registration is required
After a light buffet at 5.15pm there will be presentations from 6pm on:
- An Industry Contribution scheme
- Stuart Goodall, Chief Executive of Confor
- More woodland in Scotland
- Brendan Callaghan, Head of Operational Delivery,Scottish Forestry
- The tree seed and plant resource
- Charles Beaumont, Director TreesPlease and chair of the Confor Nursery Producers Group
- Industry updates
- Andy Leitch, Timber Development Policy Advisor, Scottish Forestry, and coordinator of the SFTT Industry Leadership Group
- Doug Howieson, Scottish Forestry’s Conservator for South Scotland
- Confor – the usual general industry update
To book your place please register here advising of any dietary requirements.