SFTT Central Scotland regional meeting
30 October 2019
THE FOREST CARBON PICTURE in a future SAFE, HEALTHY and WELL-RESOURCED sector
Stirling Court Hotel, FK9 5PH
5.15pm buffet before 6pm meeting
Come and hear how the latest research into the carbon balance of new woodland creation may influence future cultivation techniques and therefore plantability and species choice given the Government’s focus on the climate change emergency. And about plans to create an industry contribution fund to better resource the sector in the future.
Attendance is FREE but prior registration is required
A light buffet will be served before the presentations start at 6pm
- The forest Carbon picture
- Forest Research, speaker tbc
- An industry contribution fund
- Stuart Goodall, Chief Executive, Confor
- Health & Safety update
- Gillian Clark, Chief Executive Officer, FISA
- Industry updates –
- Andy Leitch, Timber Development Policy Advisor, Scottish Forestry
- Cameron Maxwell, SF Conservator for Perth & Argyll
- Confor on general Industry matters
To book your place, please register here advising of any dietary requirements.
And please give us your suggestions for future meetings.
Supported by the SFTT Industry Leadership Group and Scottish Forestry
Delivered by Confor