Timber Sales and Marketing Team Leader
21 August 2019
Flexible location within any NRW office.
- Location: Flexible within any NRW office
- Grade & Salary: 8 - £42,474
- Post Number: 201725
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
- Application Closing Date: 29 September 2019
Lead and deliver on the delegated agreed Timber Sales Plan within Commercial Services ensuring that the targets for income, timber volume and customer care standards set out in the business plan and Timber Marketing Plan are met.
Manage and report on progress throughout the financial year.
Engage with staff at all levels and embed the principles of sustainable management of natural resources in forest.
Lead a team of technical specialists and sales staff to provide a high level of leadership, to ensure that our operations are compliant with internal governance schemes, NRW processes and procedures, Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and Industry best practice.
The technical expert for sales and marketing, operating at a national and UK level, with a deep level of knowledge and experience.
The budget holder for the Timber Marketing and Support team.
Input into Risk management on an ongoing basis through management meetings and the monthly Directorate Risk Register and the Corporate Dashboard.
This role will demand a high level of customer focus and professional relationship to be embedded within the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally experience working in the Forestry Industry, working at a senior level with responsibility for delivering country wide programmes of work, budgets and timber harvesting programmes.
- Strong IT skills that must include experience in using the Microsoft Office Suite of applications TMP and MyNRW and an aptitude to learn new software quickly.
- A minimum of HND or preferably a degree level qualification is desirable.
- A related marketing or forestry qualification.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of a broad range of silvicultural operations and harvesting systems. Detailed knowledge of timber values and working costs for the whole timber supply chain in order to ensure value for money from timber harvesting sales.
- An understanding of the timber processing industry and individual customer requirements
- A full driving licence
- Out of the Timber Sales Management Team (Manager 9, Grade 8 team leader, Grade 7 team leader) at least one member must hold:
- a recognised commercial qualification CIPS / CIM or equivalent and have a strong background working within a robust governance framework
- a forestry Qualification / be a member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or equivalent.
For more information please visit our website or click here https://naturalresources.wales/about-us/jobs-and-placements/jobs/201725-timber-sales-and-marketing-team-leader/?lang=en