Technical Support Forest Operations
7 September 2020
Natural Resources Wales
Grade & Salary: 4, £25,828 rising to £29,352 over four years
Post number: 200928
Type of contract: permanent
Work pattern: 37 hours a week
Welsh language level: Essential level 1, able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrase
Closing date: 27 September 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
- You will plan and deliver programmes, within at least one of the following disciplines, (dependant on the scale of geographic programmes).
- Deliver tactical work programmes and or collate forest and conservation inventory information, maintaining the GIS data, carry out site evaluation, in the delivery of operational programmes.
- Forest Operations management, including technical advice, programme development and implementation of monitoring, reporting, and ensuring statutory compliance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working in land management disciplines.
- Knowledge of sustainable forest management, UKWAS and forest certification schemes.
- Knowledge of forest planning and forest operations.
- Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional body is desirable.
For more information, please visit our website - https://naturalresources.wales/about-us/jobs-and-placements/jobs/200928-forest-operations-technical-support/?lang=en