Stewardship Forester x 2
Based in Aberfoyle and Glenbranter; £28,116 - £30,159 plus benefits
Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) are seeking to recruit for 2 posts that are based in the Central Region at the Glenbranter and Aberfoyle offices.
The FLS Central Region extends from Edinburgh and South Fife through the central belt to Glasgow and North West to the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park (LLTNP) and the Cowal peninsula. The main offices are at West Calder and Aberfoyle with additional bases at Glenbranter, Clydebank and Blairadam.
You will contribute to delivering the Scottish Forestry Strategy, FLS Corporate Plan and Regional Business plans by managing the delivery of the Stewardship programmes – encompassing Environment, Visitor services, Estates and Legal liabilities work requirements.
This is an operational management role which requires the successful candidate to manage teams ensuring that FLS policies are upheld and that all legislation, regulation and relevant guidance is adhered to.
The successful candidate will demonstrate that they are able to: Form effective relationships with people both internally and externally; Maintain high standards of health and safety; Communicate purpose and direction with clarity; Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results.
You will be responsible for planning and managing stewardship operations within your designated area of responsibility within the Region, working closely with the Forest Management Harvesting and Stewardship Manager to deliver key targets and work collaboratively with other teams and functions to deliver the wider Regional Business plan.
Manage staff and Resourcing
- Line management of stewardship staff, supporting work supervisors and craftspersons with their development and core responsibilities;
- Managing delegated budgets, Business planning and Monitoring and Programme delivery
- Contract Management of land based service delivery contracts ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and guidance.
Maintain site quality standards and identified tasks through the work programming process
- Work with Planning Managers, Environment Advisors and Visitors Services Managers to identify and plan future programmes;
- Coordinate work programme for Stewardship delivery, ensuring targets for delivery are maintained;
- Focus on FLS representation, maintaining high standards of customer care.
Site Specific Work Programme/Projects
- Deliver agreed work programmes for the Environment, Estates and Visitor services functions, including invasive species removal, trail management and dangerous trees work;
- Maintain high standards of site management;
- Deliver agreed small scale site project work ( e.g. path maintenance and/or site enhancement work).
- Coordinate input into Work Plans and other FLS systems;
- Manage Resumption Systems adhering to time bound audit/check requirements as per operational and organisational guidance;
- Maintain Health and Safety standards in all operational areas of responsibility;
- Monitor and encourage high standards of H&S within the contractor resource, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and guidance;
- Update chemical recording system.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website:
Please quote ref 47272
Closing date: 31 August 2020, 23:55
No recruitment agencies please.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all sectors of our diverse community.