Officer Forest Operations
31 January 2020
Natural Resources Wales
- Location: Dolgellau
- Grade & Salary: G5 £30,120 rising to £33,383 over three years
- Post number: 200167
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Monday to Friday (37hr)
Closing date: 1 March 2020
Interviews to take place when/where: Date to be confirmed at Natural Resources Wales, Government Buildings, Arran Road, Dolgellau, Gwynedd, North Wales, LL40 1LW
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, tax free childcare and salary sacrifice schemes.
To undertake delegated responsibility for planning and delivery of placed based forest operational programmes encompassing: Forest planning, Harvesting & Silvicultural operations.
You will be working alongside our Senior and Technical Support Officers within a place-based forest operations team, coupled with day to day direction from our Forest Operations Team Leader, to contribute to the sustainable management of Natural Resources Wales managed land.
The role will be part office and field based
Qualifications and Skills
- A foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma in Arboriculture, Countryside Management, Forest Management, Forestry, or Woodland Ecology & Conservation
- Experience of working across a wide range of land management disciplines
- Knowledge of sustainable forest management, UKWAS and forest certification schemes
- Experience of community liaison and public engagement activities
- Knowledge and experience of designated sites, and all aspects of forest practise, including land liabilities, forest planning and forest operations.
- Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional body is desirable
For more information, please visit our website.