Officer Forest Operations - Llandovery
16 March 2020
Natural Resources Wales
- Location: Llandovery
- Grade & Salary: 5, £30,120 rising to £33,383 over three years
- Post number: 200535
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: full time
Closing date: 5th April 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
This role is to enable to the forest operations team to deliver its respective programmes by undertaking the delegated responsibility for the delivery of our operations. You will make technical decisions in the following disciplines:
- Forest planning
- Harvesting operations
- Establishment operations
- Small scale engineering operations
- Consultation and public engagement around our operations
As a team we are responsible for the planning of operations and then delivering the subsequent harvesting and replanting contracts. This role will involve the planning of this work and the subsequent contract management of these sites and working with the wider team.
This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic and experienced team. Furthermore, as an Officer you can significantly contribute towards the forest management in your area. This team primarily covers the NRW woodlands between Llanwrtyd Wells and across the Breacon Beacons National Park.
Qualifications and Skills
You will have;
- Experience of working across a wide range of land management disciplines
- Knowledge of sustainable forest management, UKWAS and forest certification schemes
- Experience of community liaison and public engagement activities
- Knowledge and experience of designated sites, and all aspects of forest practise, including land liabilities, forest planning and forest operations.
For more information, please visit our website.