Lead Specialist Advisor – Forestry and Land-use
13 September 2019
- Location: Flexible within any NRW office
- Grade & Salary: 7 - £36,867
- Post Number: 202265
- Contract Type: Fixed term for 12 months
- Work Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
- Application Closing Date: 3 October 2019
- Interview to take place on and where: w/c 14th October
The Strategic Review of Charging Programme (SRoC) has been put in place to deliver a scheme that continues to apply the right charges to NRW activities through the right mechanisms and allocates the resource in the right place. The programme will take account of the Strategic Management of Natural Resources (SMNR) principles, current charging schemes, all regimes, payment for ecosystem services etc and inform those aspects where we would wish to influence change. The programme will seek agreement and development with Welsh Government to embed strategically in Wales.
To be the Forestry and Land-use expert lead on delivering SRoC by reviewing and developing NRW policy, charging schemes, programmes, plans, strategies and guidance. This will translate Welsh Government policy into practical approaches to the point of delivery. You will work with colleagues from other teams in the Evidence Permitting and Policy (EPP) and Operations, officials from WG and sector representatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to Forestry and Land-use and Land Use Management; Welsh & UK Governments & EU policy drivers in Forestry and Land-use and Land Use Management; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of the range of partners and stakeholders involved with Forestry and Land-use and Land Use in Wales.
- Experience of: In-depth understanding of the Forestry and Land-use and Land Use discipline/ topic and the complex range of drivers and barriers to delivery.
- You will be a member of a relevant professional institution and/or working towards membership.
- Representing the organisation in high profile and contentious issues in the public rena.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required.
Full details here