13 February 2018
Tilhill Forestry has an immediate opportunity to join our Highland Region as a Harvesting Manager on the west coast of Scotland.
The Harvesting Manager is a senior position involving the purchase and sale of roundwood timber. The successful candidate will be responsible for the valuation and purchase of standing timber parcels, engagement and supervision of teams to undertake the harvesting and haulage, together with the management of staff as required to fulfil the work programme.
Ideally, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years operational management experience in forestry or other relevant industry.
- Ability to value parcels of standing timber.
- Safety, environmental and commercial awareness.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage people effectively.
- Ability to manage day to day relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work in fast-paced changing commercial environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player qualities.
- Full Driving Licence.
In return we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, together with excellent opportunities for personal and career development in a truly national and integrated company.
To apply, email your CV and CV supplementary form, which you can download from our website, clearly stating the position you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 2nd March 2018.
Tilhill Forestry is an Equal Opportunities Employer