Estates Team Operative
16 September 2020
Thoresby is a large country estate in North Nottinghamshire.
The estate is looking for a skilled forestry worker to join our Estate Team on a full-time basis.
We have over a 1000 Ha of mixed broad leaf and conifer plantations and 3800 Ha of agricultural land. There are further areas of heathland, formal lawns, and parkland. The estate also holds an extensive property portfolio.
The estate is looking for a skilled forestry worker to join our Estate Team on a full-time basis. The role will be comprised of forestry works, general estate maintenance, some property maintenance work as well as duties on the sawmill and firewood enterprises.
- Confident, self-motivated, and able to apply own initiative.
- Works well as part of a team but is able to take the lead on jobs as requirements dictate.
- Significant experience working in motor manual forestry.
- Confident operating machinery, both large and small.
- Physically fit with a desire to work in the outdoors.
- Certificates of competence for chainsaw operations (cs30, cs31, cs32 as a minimum).
- A good knowledge and understanding of silvicultural practices and conservation works.
- Clean, UK driving license.
- A good understanding of technology and computers, comfortable using Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Certificate of competence for pesticide application is desirable but not essential.
There is a competitive renumeration package offered, including entry into the company pension scheme. Accommodation may be available for the right applicant.
If you are interested in the role or require further information, please contact Scott James: email@example.com