Estate Forester - Savills
22 May 2017
Based in Fife but duties extend to Perthshire
Applications are encouraged from self motivated individuals, who are both competent and enthusiastic with a flexible disposition, capable of providing efficient woodland management alongside community engagement. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in forestry management, an understanding of forestry related grant schemes, previous experience in woodland management/contracting supervision, excellent organisational and communication skills.
Current clean driving licence, Chainsaw certificate, chemical handling and spraying, telehandler and forwarder operation.
The Estate forester position will include but is not limited to:
1. Oversee Christmas tree operation. Including taking orders, stocking, organising temporary workers and handling cash transactions
2. Interpret Estate management plans, prioritise and scheduling of work programmes, overseeing contractors for felling, replanting and fencing
3. Manage landscapes both within the rural and urban fringe across the Estate portfolio
4. Undertake small forestry/woodland works and operate forestry machinery and vehicles
5. Engage and interact with local community, youth groups and schools
6. Liaise with Estate shooting syndicate and farming tenants
7. Engage in pro-active Estate management duties
Please apply in writing enclosing CV, current salary and relevant supporting documents to:
David Gane, Savills Perth, Earn House, Broxden Business Park, Lamberkine Drive, Perth PH1 1RA