Customer Relations Manager
11 May 2020
Maelor Forest Nurseries Ltd
Full time; based: Bronington, Wrexham
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become an integral part of the team responsible for driving the growth of one of the UK’s largest commercial tree nurseries. We are therefore looking to recruit a graduate with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the forest industry for the role of Customer Relations Manager.
Maelor Forest Nurseries Ltd, owned by BSW Timber Ltd, forms part of the unique seed to sawmill offering under the Group umbrella. The nursery produces an extensive range of commercial forestry and native broadleaf species, marketing in excess of 28 million UK grown trees a year to customers throughout the UK and Europe.
Our investment in a new state-of the-art laboratory highlights our dedication to providing cutting edge research into the benefits of genetic improvement for commercial tree species.
As Customer Relations Manager, you will play an integral role in developing all aspects of the business and will need to have a strong interest in the development of alternative species, as well as plant provenance and the benefits of genetic research. The success of this role also requires a keen interest in the functioning of a commercial forest nursery and relevant production techniques.
Your remit will include:
- Visiting customers, reviewing planting needs and advising on stock availability.
- Advising customers on provenance and species choice.
- Participating in trial work on such things as Hylobius control, provenance, species and fertiliser trials.
- Liaising with nursery production team on customer requirements.
- Promoting our work with universities, colleges, foresters and forestry investment companies.
- Representing the Company at industry meetings, shows and events.
Ideally, we are looking for the following additional skills and experience:
- Relevant academic qualifications in forestry or related fields.
- Strong commercial acumen with at least 2 years’ operational experience in forestry.
- Strong client relationship management skills.
- Valid driving license.
Alongside these attributes, candidates need to be highly motivated, driven, enthusiastic, reliable and adaptable with a willingness to travel as required.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, the opportunity of being part of a talented and well-motivated team, together with first class opportunities for both personal and career development in a truly national and integrated company.
To apply, email your CV and covering letter, clearly stating the position you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available at: www.maelor.co.uk/shop/jobs
Maelor Forest Nurseries is an Equal Opportunities Employer www.maelor.co.uk