Area Harvesting Manager
13 March 2017
For our timber harvesting operations in west and central Scotland.
The diversity of our 8,000 employees in our 17 plants in 7 countries makes us a strong team.
In our work we have much in common:
- Taking action instead of just talking about it.
- The stability that allows us to progress.
- The satisfaction of having delivered what we say we will.
We do not simply look for employees. We seek people who share our values.
• Oversee EGGER Forestry's timber harvesting and marketing operations in a geographical area determined by the Company.
• Assist in the formulation of the annual budget, business, production and marketing plans and operate to predetermined and agreed standards, within budgetary control.
• Carry out assessments and valuations of standing timber, and to liaise and negotiate with timber owners/agents, submitting tenders with regard to budget and quality requirements.
• Liaise and negotiate with the harvesting and haulage contractors.
• Co-ordinate and ensure the supply flow and freight of timber products from forest to customers.
• Liaise with EGGER (UK) personnel with regard to roundwood supplies.
• Provide out of hour's support if required.
• Degree/Diploma level education in Forestry or equivalent preferred.
• Full Car Driving Licence essential.
• Managerial experience and supervisory skills preferred.
• Attention to detail and accuracy essential.
• Intermediate standard of IT skills and competent use of MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• EGGER Forestry maintain an important role in wood supply to both the EGGER plants in the UK as well as to our external customers; focussed on safety, environmental sustainability and delivering a quality service.
• Competitive employee benefits, pension scheme and Company Car.
• Technologically advanced systems and processes.
• Comprehensive induction process, progressive training and development.
Closing date: 14.04.2017
Please apply online at www.egger.com/jobs
Your contact person is Karen Povey T +44 1434 613361
EGGER Forestry Limited, Anick Grange Road, Hexham, United Kingdom NE46 4JS