Advisor 2, Woodland Programme
18 March 2020
Natural Resources Wales
- Location: South Wales
- Salary: £30,120 rising to £33,383 over three years.
- Type of contract: 12-month Fixed Term Appointment.
- Work pattern: Mon-Fri 37-hour week.
- Welsh language requirements: EssentialLevel 1, able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases.
- Working environment: Frequent travel will be required across Wales, including travel to agricultural holdings and within a forest environment. A full driving licence is beneficial however we may consider other options.
Closing date: 12 April 2020
As one of five Advisors within the Woodland Programme Team, you will prepare field and forest based technical assessments as part of providing a verification service to Welsh Government’s Glastir Woodland Creation and Woodland Restoration grant schemes in compliance with the scheme rules and UK Forestry Standard.
You will liaise with Natural Resources Wales colleagues and a range of external stakeholders.
Frequent travel across Wales is required. A full driving licence is beneficial however we may consider other options or methods of travel proposed from candidates.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to forestry land management and agriculture; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in land management including forestry and agriculture as set out in the Welsh Government’s Glastir programme; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
Experience of: technical analysis and interpretation of a range of environmental information and data; including analysing large data sets.
Working with/in Welsh Government, across the forestry sector and other land management organisations.
Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
You will be a member of a relevant professional institution and/or working towards membership.
Full advert: www.naturalresources.wales/jobs